Hornby Castle Point-to-Point took place on Saturday 7th April 2012. Hundreds of farmers, landowners and horse racing enthusiasts showed up to watch the pony and jump racing at the beautiful deer park.
Fur hats were on sale at Jonny Beardsall’s along with tweed jackets from Royals of Leyburn and freshly ground coffee. Dubarry boots were certainly on-trend, though not as popular as the bookies.
The point-to-point was organised by the Bedale hunt, who were on show with their hounds. A former voice of TV racing, Andy Orkney, provided excellent commentary.
The next local point-to-points are:
- Sunday 22nd April 2012 at Easingwold, organised by York & Ainsty North Hunt
- Sunday 29th April 2012 at Whitcliffe Grange (HG4 3AS), organised by the West of Yore Hunt.
- Middleham Open Day 2012 – Ann Duffield
- Middleham Stables Annual Open Event 2012
- Forthcoming Agricultural Shows
- Bolton Castle – Fun Family Days Out in Yorkshire
- Wensleydale Show – Saturday 25th August 2012