A few people have been reading the post I wrote a little while ago about Odds Comparison with WordPress, and, based upon the searches people have been coming here under, it is clear that a lot of people would like a little more help in getting Odds Comparison tools (like ValueChecker) working with WordPress to enable them to display odds boxes in their WordPress based websites.
So this page is a really quick and simple guide to getting started with WordPress & ValueChecker.
What is ValueChecker?
First up, before we get into the nuts and bolts, for those of you who don’t know, ValueChecker is an odds comparison website, not unlike OddsChecker, and other similar services, which provides the ability for web visitors to compare the best available boomakers’ betting odds on a number of markets. For this reason, ValueChecker’s tools are of interest to not only sports betting websites, but also more general websites about sport – and entertainment – as often there’s interest in the bookmaker best odds on markets (like sports personality of the year, or who will win X Factor, etc).
ValueChecker provides a tool for sportsbook affiliates to embed their odds comparison boxes into their own websites, quickly, and easily. In return for the service, ValueChecker sends 50% of the odds comparison clicks to their own links, while allowing the affiliate to have the other clicks directed via their own links (to as many or few bookmakers as they have active affiliate accounts with!).
Which Bookmakers Can I use ValueChecker?
You may use Valuechecker with each of the following bookmakers:
- William Hill
You will need an affiliate relationship with each of the above in order to receive commissions from your odds boxes. Just visit, sign up, and enter your unique tracking code into the ValueChecker website.
How Do I Setup ValueChecker With WordPress
Its actually really simple to include ValueChecker Odds boxes in WordPress posts. In order to do this, you should:
- Sign up an account with ValueChecker;
- Login to your ValueChecker account;
- Make sure you have added your bookmaker affiliate accounts;
- Click on “Odds Boxes” and then “Create New Odds Box” and follow the prompts to get the odds box for the market you require – then hit “Save”
- Grab the code for the odds box you just made – Copy it;
- In the WordPress “post” page, hit “HTML” tab for the html view, and paste in the code where you would like the odds box to display.
It is possible to “disable the visual editor” in WordPress so that you never experience any problems. To do this, visit your WordPress Profile page, and tick the top box which says “Disable the visual editor when writing” then hit “Update Profile” – note you will lose the WYSIWYG editor when doing so!
If you have any problems, questions, or comments, please leave a public comment below, and I’ll be happy to help where I can.
Note that the link to ValueChecker in the post above is our affiliate link. Using this does not reduce your commission or %age click-through rate whatsoever!
- Code Example – Premier League Top Goalscorer Odds Comparison
- Odds Comparison in WordPress
- WordPress Tip: How To Use Shortcodes in Widgets
- How To Remove Microsoft Word Formatting From a WordPress Post
- WordPress Tip: Adding a PDF Link into a WordPress Post