A happy, Union Flag waving crowd watched in sunshine cooled by a pleasant June breeze as the torchbearer, preceded by several carnival-style sponsored trucks, ran the Games’ eternal flame from the Leyburn Market Place, up through past the Auction Mart, and out along Richmond Road, past the Wensleydale School, before the relay ended on the outskirts of Leyburn.
Photographs of the Olympic Torch Relay in Leyburn
We collected several photographs while we were viewing the Olympic Torch Relay in Leyburn.
Click on any of the pictures below to start the Slideshow Gallery.
Were you there? Leave a comment (public) below with your thoughts of the day the Olympic Torch came to Leyburn.
- Olympic Torch Relay Route, Richmond, North Yorkshire
- Olympic Torch Route in Leyburn
- Aysgarth to Leyburn Torch Relay Route
- Olympic Torch Route in Thirsk
- Olympic Torch Route in Northallerton