This week, for our Friday morning coffee break, rather than having everyone hunting around local newspapers for our advertisements, we’re asking a question, and polling the local society, to help clear up a debating point.
It is time for our Big Friday Debate – or #BigFridayDebate for those of us who Tweet on Twitter.
Today, we will be debating the word – or, as some would say, words – Semerwater (Semer Water).
We have seen “Semerwater” written on roadsigns, and “Semer Water” written in a number of newspapers. We’ve seen both spellings written in locations both online and off. We’re told that the Darlington & Stockton Times style guide (from years past) used to dictate that Semerwater was the correct spelling (yes, other people have considered this important point before!).
When we were briefed to produce a website for High Blean Bed & Breakfast, which is up Raydaleside, above Semerwater, we opted for the one word spelling. But it doesn’t matter what we think – what do you think? Is it Semerwater or Semer Water. Answer below in our scientifically unimportant poll.
The #BigFridayDebate is here!
- A Member of the WordPress Community for 5+ Years
- 2012 Hornby Castle Point-to-Point
- How To Remove Microsoft Word Formatting From a WordPress Post
- People of Yorkshire – Get a FREE Water Saving Pack from Yorkshire Water!
- The Correct Way to Copy/Paste From Microsoft Word / OpenOffice Writer to WordPress