Book a full speedup for your WooCommerce store, from the Silicon Dales development team.
This product includes:
- Initial consultation
- Speed Optimization for WooCommerce
- WordPress migration (move site to a (faster) host)
During the initial consultation, your WooCommerce expert will discuss your business, your hosting environment, any targets and plans, and also talk about good times for carrying out optimization tasks on your store.
The current setup will be covered, so that we can understand where time savings may be made or – perhaps more importantly – which elements must remain, even if they “slow things down” a little.
One example is translations into multiple languages. We’ll be looking for your red lines and learning about any issues you’re currently experiencing.
Things like your current team, your hosting budget, and any potential problems (like old developer went away with logins!) will be covered here.
WordPress & WooCommerce Migration
Most optimizations will involve a hosting migration, even if the site is remaining on the same, or similar, server or system. Almost every time we work on slow sites, moving the hosting around is 100% necessary. So it may be an “internal migration” (moving up to a bigger plan with the same host) but we fully expect you will need to setup and configure a new setup, and migrate your store to it as part of a good optimization. So we include migrations in this full speed-up task.
WooCommerce Speed Optimization
Our WP speed experts will carry out a full speedup service on your installation, in the new optimized hosting setup, to ensure your site loads fast on all pages. Working to pre-agreed targets in terms of PageSpeed (in your target region(s)), as well as objective measures using tools such as GTmetrix and Pingdom, we’ll speed your site up.
Usual target time is 1 second fully loaded pages on the front end and on the admin. If this cannot be achieved, then we will discuss the causes of slowness, and any deeper cuts which may be necessary. This will usually be a slow performing plugin, theme element, or a piece of custom code. In such cases, we’ll discuss with you the options for removing, refactoring or replacing the “offending” part of your site, to remove the roadblock, and get your site fast.
This is broadly speaking similar to a WordPress speed task, but with additional checks for the eCommerce parts, and specifically, with the addition of a full MySQL database cleanup, including MySQL storage engine changes, version changes, table cleanups – forensically cleaning out data from important tables – in order to gain significant uncached and admin pagespeed and site performance for all queries which hit your database.
At the end – sub-1-second pageloads
You will either be under 1 second per pageload, or you will know exactly which plugin(s) or custom code to cut out in order to be so.
Much more than just Front End speed
This is on the front end and also the admin. Its so much more than just Front End Optimization; in fact, we’ll get into:
- Hosting optimization
- PHP version upgrades
- Apache / Nginx configuration
- MySQL database optimizations – advanced
- MySQL table storage engine fixes
- Indexes added to improve query performance
- Database tables cleaned up
- Some data moved to custom tables (where this will aid performance)
- Further granular fixes, as required
- Plugin replacement / removal
- Code / function replacement and review
- Theme recommendations (up to and including posting issues in your theme developer’s Github to help iron out slow performing queries)
- Plugin recommendations
- Advanced image optimization – including strategies you can use in the future
- Image scaling – using custom code if necessary
- Installation of a child theme if necessary (to hold custom code)
- Minification of JS, CSS and HTML
- Concatenation of JS, CSS and HTML
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) setup
- Asynchronous loading of JS / CSS (where possible)
- Critical (above the fold) CSS techniques (where possible)
- Full page caching setup
- Cache preloading
- Varnish configuration – advanced
- Memcached configuration – advanced
- Redis configuration – advanced
This list isn’t exhaustive and we’re working on new enhancements all the time.