Table of Contents
If you have email accessible via IMAP, for example, with a Silicon Dales business web hosting account, or an email account provided by another web host, and you would like to access this email through your iPhone (or other Apple device, such as an iPad, iPad mini or similar), then the video above will help you get setup.
Step-By-Step – How to Setup IMAP on Apple iPhone
The video above describes how you should take the following steps to setup IMAP email on your iPhone:
- Click “Settings”
- Scroll down
- Select Mail, Contacts & Calendars
- At the bottom of the list of email addresses, is an “Add Account” option. Click this
- In the list of options, select “Other”
- Press “Add Mail Account”
- Enter the name, email address, password and description, and hit “Next”
- Make sure the IMAP option is selected at the top
- Make sure the “Host Name” matches that which was sent to you by Silicon Dales (or your email provider if hosted elsewhere)
- Enter the host name, username and password for the incoming mail server
- Enter the host name, username and password for the outgoing mail server (for our clients, these details are the same)
- Press “Next” when finished adding passwords
- Press “Save” – this will add your new account
Still Not Working?
What if it still doesn’t work? You may have made an issue with:
- Your username
- Your password
- The address of incoming or outgoing mail server
- The port of the incoming or outgoing mail server (requires altering advanced mail settings)
- Connectivity issues with your phone
- Mailserver is down
- Some other problem!
Talk to Us
Leave a comment below if this has helped you get your iPhone working with IMAP, or if you are still experiencing problems (please describe the exact error message if there is one!) and we will do what we can to help.