It is quite simple to add a PDF (or other file for download) into a WordPress post or page, however, sometimes we forget exactly how to do it in the way that we want (i.e. with the correct link text and linking to the right place!).
How to Add PDF into WP
The following steps will see that you get a PDF (or other document / file for download) added into your WordPress post or page in the way that works:
- Click “Add Media” (at the top left of the visual editor screen);
- Click “Upload Files” under the “Insert Media” section;
- Select and Upload your PDF (or other) document;
- Once uploaded, at the right of the screen, you’ll have several boxes;
- Under “title” put the text you’d like to have linked to your document;
- Make sure under “Attachment Options” you have Link to > “Media File” selected; then
- Click “Insert into Post”
Other Ways to Add PDFs
It is possible to add a PDF within the post itself – to display the contents of the file in the actual post – but that is beyond the scope of this tutorial. If you’d like to do that please leave a public comment below and we shall post an additional tutorial!
Any Questions? Leave a comment
Leave a comment below if you have questions about this process.