If you, like me, want to use your SAMSUNG Galaxy s4 smartphone to access your emails via Gmail, then you’ll likely want to be able to turn on Sync on your S4 handset ASAP! This also works for other Samsung (and Android) smartphone devices.
Syncing your phone is important, and sometimes, you might find it has stopped working, for no apparent reason.
The instructions below allow you to do just that…
How to Turn on Sync on Samsung Galaxy s4
- Setup your email or Gmail accounts via the options (not covered in this tutorial)
- Scroll down the menu from the top – pull down on screen
- You should see two lines under the wifi and etc logos, drag this down to reveal more settings
- You may need to scroll this selection of logos one to the right – to reveal the “Sync” option
- You will see the option to turn on “sync” near the end of this list (for us it is the very last option). Press this option to activate sync – it should light up. If it is greyed out, it is not active.
- That’s it!
Leave a comment if this worked
If you have any problems with the above, feel free to leave a public comment below. Also, if this helped out your day, feel free to brighten ours by leaving a “that worked for me!” comment below too!
Also see: remove Life Companion
Another item of irritation with the fantastic Samsung Galaxy s4 smartphone is the text that says “Life Companion” on the lock screen. Click here to learn how to remove Life Companion from the Samsung Galaxy s4 Lock Screen.
Also works for other Samsung Galaxy devices
I just used this on Samsung Galaxy s7 and s8 (and updated the instructions too).
This is the same process for s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7 and s8. It will also work on the sister products. Its very likely extremely similar for all Android phones, unless your operator has customized settings options a lot.
Note I also tried this on Samsung j2 and it works.
Please note the colour and style of your screen is likely to be personalised and also has changed as Android versions have updated over time. If you’d like a current screengrab or video of this process, please let us know in the comments section and we will update this tutorial. Its designed to be a simple text description right now, to help smartphone users just get it working!